AndroGel is a brand name of topical gel containing 1% or 1.62% of natural hormone – Testosterone. Indications for use of two different dosage strengths of AndroGel are identical.
- AndroGel 1% and AndroGel 1.62% are prescribed for Testosterone replacement therapy in adult men over 18 years old.
- AndroGel is contraindicated in adolescents under 18 years old and women as well.
- Elderly men over 75 years old should use AndroGel with caution.
AndroGel (Testosterone gel) can be prescribed only after clinical symptoms and biochemical analyses confirm the absence or deficiency of Testosterone in the blood.
Testosterone concentration in the blood may decrease because of alcohol toxicity, intoxication by heavy metals, chemotherapy, testicular diseases or genetic diseases.
Professional sportsmen with a normal testosterone level in the blood were not involved in the clinical trials of AndroGel. Thus, this Testosterone-containing topical product should not be used to increase athletic performance.
Excessive AndroGel concentration in the body of healthy sportsman can cause dangerous side effects. Therefore, bodybuilders who do not need Testosterone replacement therapy to improve the health should refrain from using AndroGel.
Because of Testosterone ability to cause severe side effects, AndroGel is available by prescription only. However, some online pharmacies provide the opportunity to buy AndroGel without a prescription.
Sportsmen who decide to buy AndroGel online without a prescription should remember that even a short-term use of Testosterone gel promotes the development of potentially dangerous side effects.
- AndroGel (Testosterone gel) may contribute to the progression of benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate cancer. Therefore, before to start using AndroGel, medical examination is required to make sure of the absence of prostate diseases. In addition, in long-term use of AndroGel, the risk of breast cancer increases.Men, who have been prescribed with AndroGel as a long-term androgen replacement therapy, a regular monitoring of breast and prostate cancer is required. In elderly men who regularly use AndroGel, the risk of prostate diseases is higher than in young men and men of mature age.
- The results of clinical and post-marketing studies demonstrate that AndroGel may increase blood pressure, cause edemas, as well as increase the risk of stroke and myocardial infarction.Men with hypertension or a history of cardiovascular events should conduct medical examination and assess cardiovascular risk factors before using AndroGel. If edemas occur during or after the end of Testosterone replacement therapy, diuretic therapy can be prescribed.
- AndroGel may affect glucose metabolism. Thus, men with diabetes may need the adjustment of daily doses of anti-diabetic drugs (insulin as well).
- A prolonged use of AndroGel may change hemoglobin and hematocrit levels in the blood. Therefore, in long-term Testosterone replacement therapy, periodic monitoring of hematological changes is required.
- AndroGel may affect respiratory functions and enhance sleep apnea. In men with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, overweight or obesity, violation of respiratory function occurs more often than in men without these risk factors.
- When using AndroGel, breast size and the sensitivity of the penis may increase, sperm count may decrease, as well as painful, prolonged erection may periodically occur. Affecting the male sexual function, AndroGel can cause male infertility.
- When using AndroGel, irritation and redness may occur. If you experience burning sensation and intense itching after applying AndroGel to the skin, discuss with your doctor the possibility of replacing AndroGel by other dosage forms of Testosterone (tablets, capsules, implants, injections).
AndroGel (Testosterone gel) may also cause other side effects, such as:
- neurological disorders, anxiety, depression, headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, excessive hair growth, alopecia, acne, chest pain, chronic fatigue, excessive daytime sleepiness, vasodilation, numbness, sweating, impaired urination, decreased libido.
Most men using AndroGel experience mild to moderate side effects. If AndroGel causes severe side effects, discuss with your doctor the possibility to replace AndroGel by safer drugs increasing Testosterone level in the body.
As an alternative to AndroGel, over-the-counter products containing natural steroidal saponins can be prescribed.
- The advantage of steroidal saponins is that they increase Testosterone level without causing side effects.
- The disadvantage of steroidal saponins is that they should be taken regularly for several months for the significant increase of Testosterone level in the body.
How to use?
- Colorless, clear AndroGel gel is recommended to apply to the clean, dry skin: of abdomen, shoulders or forearms once daily, in the morning at the same time.
- AndroGel contains alcohol and can easily ignite. Therefore, it is necessary to stay away from open flame sources and to refrain from smoking when the gel is applied to the skin.
- When applying AndroGel to the affected areas of the skin, severe burning sensation, itching, redness and discomfort may occur. So, avoid applying AndroGel to the injured skin or open wounds.
- Do not take a shower or bathe for two hours after applying AndroGel to the skin. The minimal recommended period between using AndroGel and taking the shower is 10 hours.
The daily dose of AndroGel may vary from 2.5 to 10 g. To choose an optimal dose, different dosage strengths of AndroGel can be used.
Potential consumers are provided with the possibility to buy unit-dose packets with:
- 2.5 g of AndroGel 1% (contains 25 mg of Testosterone)
- 5 g of AndroGel 1% (contains 50 mg of Testosterone)
- 1.25 g of AndroGel 1.62% (contains 20.25 mg of Testosterone)
- 2.5 g of AndroGel 1.62% (contains 40.5 mg of Testosterone).
In addition, at pharmacies you can find non-aerosol, metered-dose pumps with:
- 75 g of AndroGel 1 % (60 doses х 12.5 mg of Testosterone)
- 88 g of AndroGel 1.62% (60 doses х 20.25 mg of Testosterone).
Before buying AndroGel, be sure to discuss all the possible risks that may occur during Testosterone therapy. AndroGel can be prescribed only in the case if benefits of its use exceed the potential risks.
If an increase in Testosterone level is required not for the improvement of man’s health but for the increase of muscle strength and endurance, over-the-counter products stimulating Testosterone secretion should be used instead of AndroGel.
HOW IS ANDROGEL DIFFERENT FROM AXIRON?
Axiron and Androgel are both testosterone-containing gels that you have to apply on skin. However, the concentration of testosterone in them and places where you have to put it on skin are different. Axiron is 2% gel, whereas Androgel is available as 1% or 1.62% gel. One dose of Axiron contains 30 mg of testosterone and one dose of Androgel is about 20.25 or 40.5 mg of the hormone.
Androgel is applied on abdomen, shoulders and upper arms, whereas Axiron is only put in the armpit area where the skin is thinner. Applying both medications on skin around genitals, on the back or chest is not recommended.
The way you apply Axiron is also different from Androgel, because it is very important to avoid touching Axiron. Accordingly you have to apply Axiron on the skin without using hands or fingers: pump a small dose of gel into a special application cup and then swipe it on the skin in underarms.
There are no studies about which drug is more effective. Reviews show that different people get different results from both drugs due to their individual physical characteristics.
Over-the-counter alternative to AndroGel (Testosterone gel)
One of the most potent natural steroids is an extract of annual plant – Tribulus. This plant contains high concentrations of steroidal saponins that promote a rapid increase in the level of natural endogenous testosterone in the body.
Due to the ability of steroidal saponins to increase Testosterone concentration in the blood, they:
- Stimulate the growth of muscle tissue
- Increase physical endurance.
Unlike to Rx Testosterone-containing drugs that are contraindicated in bodybuilders, OTC products stimulating the synthesis of endogenous Testosterone can be used in both beginners and professional sportsmen.
Tribulus extract and natural steroidal saponins contained in it – is not a doping. Therefore, OTC products containing Tribulus can be used as during the preparation, so and directly before competitions.
Tribulus does not cause side effects and absolutely safe for the sportsman body. Thus, OTC products containing Tribulus can be taken as long as the increase in athletic performance will be achieved.
Besides Tribulus (steroidal saponins), legal steroid bodybuilding supplements may also contain other active components.
Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) includes a few tens of bodybuilding supplements that besides Tribulus contain vitamins, minerals and other nutrients necessary for sportsman to achieve the maximum athletic performance.
For example, RedBak TestoVenom Testosterone Booster contains:
- Tribulus – increases muscle strength and endurance
- Zinc – stimulates the protein synthesis
- Vitamin B6 – participates in processing of amino acids
- Magnesium – prevents muscle spasms and produces energy at a cellular level.
If only anabolic steroids are required to increase muscle mass and endurance, bodybuilders can use OTC products containing highly concentrated extract of Tribulus terrestris.
One of the most powerful legal steroids available for sale without a prescription is Testosterone-Max. Concentration of steroidal saponins in Testosterone-Max capsules is standardized up to 45%.
Unlike to AndroGel (Testosterone gel), which can cause dangerous side effects, Testosterone-Max capsules are absolutely safe and sold without a prescription. You can buy Testosterone-Max capsules online in any country of the world.
Legal steroid Testosterone-Max is a safe alternative not only to AndroGel, but also to other Testosterone gels sold under various brand names (such as, Androlon, Androtop, Fortesta, Fortigel, Testim, Testogel, Testotop, Tostran, Vogelxo).
If you decide to buy Testosterone-Max capsules but have never ordered legal steroids online, please, ask all your questions by phone or email. You can buy Testosterone-Max and get all the information on this incredibly powerful legal steroid at any convenient time.